Braman advises making year-round pest-proofing a commitment in 2019
It’s a fresh, new year, which means many people are just beginning to embark on their New Year’s resolution journey. While every individual may have their own personal goals, Braman Termite & Pest Elimination encourages homeowners to make a shared commitment to diligent pest-proofing throughout the year.
“Many people may think that it’s only necessary in the warmer weather, when invaders like mosquitoes and ticks are out, but that’s simply not the case,” said Jerry Lazarus, third-generation owner of Braman Termite & Pest Elimination. “Different hazardous species pose a threat in every season, and it’s up to homeowners to prepare their homes with avid pest-proofing ahead of every season’s change to protect both their properties and health.”
To kick off the year, Braman recommends following the tips below, courtesy of the National Pest Management Association (NPMA):
- Store holiday decorations properly: Boxes of décor can be great nesting spots for pests, so be sure to seal up all decorations in tight, impenetrable containers until next year.
- Maintain a clean kitchen: Pests are attracted to food sources, so regularly wiping down the kitchen and ensuring all food is stored in sealed containers is crucial to avoid drawing their attention to the home.
- Seal any gaps: Many unwanted visitors can fit through small cracks or crevices in the home, making it important to use sealing materials like caulk to close off any entry points.
- Store firewood properly: Woodpiles can be an enticing home to many creepy-crawlers and should be stored at least 20 feet away from the home. Thoroughly examine wood before bringing indoors.
- Be mindful of the home’s exterior: Remove any debris or leaves that could serve as shelter for pests or create a source of standing water to quench their thirst.
- Partner with a pest control professional for proper, ongoing maintenance.
For more information about preventing invading pests, please visit BramanPest.com.
About Braman Termite & Pest Elimination
Braman Termite & Pest Elimination, a family-owned and-operated business, has been serving residential and commercial customers across southern New England since 1890. A number of the staff have degrees in entomology or biology, and all technicians are licensed, certified and insured. Our wide range of services include inspection, pest identification and consultation; integrated pest management programs (IPM); one-time treatments and preventive programs; ASI, AIB, USDA, SQF, NOP and FDA mandated programs; LEED compliant programs; bird management; termite elimination; mosquito control; industrial weed control; and fly control and bioremediation. Braman is a member of the National, New England and Connecticut Pest Management Associations and recipient of the coveted NPMA QualityPro and GreenPro designations. For more information, call Braman at 800-338-6757 or visit us at BramanPest.com.