Homes are often considered to be the biggest investment a person can make in their lives, but for business owners, it’s critical to protect the investment in your company. The presence of pests and rodents at a place of business can affect the way customers view a company and pose serious threats to the health of employees and customers. We know that although many pests are small, their effect on a business’ bottom line can be large.
Maintaining an insect and rodent-free environment is essential to keeping your employees productive, your customers satisfied and everyone safe. Ignoring a pest problem can lead to financial and legal consequences.
Pests like mice, cockroaches, fruit flies, and ants can enter a building through open doors, windows, and small cracks or gaps in the foundation of the structure. These common invaders will be attracted to the areas of the building where they can find food and water. Frequent places of infestation include restrooms, kitchens and work spaces of employees who eat at their desk.
We recommend you take the following steps to prevent a pest infestation at your place of business:
- Dispose of garbage regularly and store in sealed containers.
- Keep basement and crawl spaces well ventilated and dry.
- Look for rodent droppings in undisturbed areas, including closets, attics and along floorboards, which indicate a pest problem.
- Seal cracks and holes on the outside of your business, including entry points for utilities and pipes.
- Keep tree branches and shrubbery well-trimmed and away from the building.
- Repair fascia, soffits and rotted roof shingles as some insects are drawn to deteriorating wood.
- Replace weather-stripping and repair loose mortar around a building’s foundation and windows.
- Don’t overlook proper drainage at the foundation. Install gutters or diverts, which will usher water away from the building.
- Be sure employees keep food sealed and stored properly.
- Clean high-volume areas daily, such as public eating spaces where crumbs and trash are more likely to build up.
- Call Braman to identify and eliminate the pest problem.
Implementing these effective measures are vital to keeping pests out of your business while allowing you to maintain the reputation you worked hard to establish. We’ve provided pest solutions to a range of commercial businesses from manufacturing environments to healthcare facilities. If you suspect a pest problem at your business, contact us to learn how we can help.
Talk to the pest professionals at Braman today to keep pests from ruining your investment!