LEED™, stands for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design and is a green building certification program that recognizes best-in-class building strategies and practices. Created and administered by the U.S. Green Building Council, LEED is the nationally accepted benchmark for the design, construction and operation of green buildings.
Two LEED points relating to pest management are available.
- IEQ Credit 3.6: Green Cleaning - Indoor Integrated Pest Management: 1 point
- SS Credit 3: Integrated Pest Management, Erosion Control and Landscape Management Plan: 1 Point
To insure that you receive the IEQ Credit 3.6: Green Cleaning - Indoor Integrated Pest Management credit, Braman Termite & Pest Elimination will design and implement an IPM plan for your building including:
- Inspection, pest population monitoring, evaluation of the need for pest control and pest management measures such as exclusion, sanitation, mechanical control and if non-chemical controls are ineffective, a plan for the least toxic pesticide application option.
- On-going evaluation of the program’s effectiveness. Accurate Data Collection and documentation demonstrates that the program has been followed. The documentation is available to you 24/7 at our Customer Portal.
- A communication strategy that includes a tenant notification system.
- A plan for emergency application of pesticides.
Among the numerous conditions that must be met to receive the point for SS Credit 3: Integrated Pest Management, Erosion Control and Landscape Management Plan, an outdoor integrated pest management program (IPM) must be in place. This is defined as managing outdoor pests such as plants, fungi, insects and animals. We can work with your turf and ornamental specialist to help design this plan, which is required to be integrated with the Indoor Integrated Pest Management plan.
Call 800-338-6757 or contact us today to arrange a no obligation evaluation.