Your efforts will do double-duty
The arrival of spring not only provides a fresh start for you, but for a range of undesirable springtime pests such as ants, termites, mice and fruit flies.
We know these pests can quickly become headaches, especially when it comes to unappetizing food from ant infestations in the kitchen, mice in the house and costly property damage from termites. That’s why we advise that you take the extra precautions necessary for spring pest prevention.
To help keep your home pest-free, add these simple pest-proofing steps from the National Pest Management Association (NPMA) to your spring cleaning checklist:
- When decluttering and storing items, use durable, sealed containers that pests can’t easily infest or chew through instead of cardboard boxes or plastic bags.
- Remove all the items from cabinets and pantry. Go through them and discard stale spices and other dated items such as flour and grains. These baking ingredients attract pantry pests, including several types of beetles, Indian meal moths and ants.
- Immediately wipe up any crumbs or spills from countertops, tables, floors and shelves.
- If you keep fresh fruit on the counter, check it often for signs of over-ripening or decay, which can attract fruit flies.
- Run the garbage disposal regularly.
- Don’t let dirty dishes pile up and stand in the sink.
- Don’t let pet food and water bowls sit out for long periods of time.
- Take notice of any built-up moisture and eliminate these sites, including leaking pipes and clogged drains.
If you suspect you have an infestation, Braman is here to identify the species and recommend a course of treatment. Make an appointment online or call us at 800-338-6757.